This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Inherited Equipment

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoAL Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Inherited Equipment
    Posted: 11 May 2010 at 1:59pm
Hi, I have inherited some old farm equipment and need some advice on what to do with it.  I have a D-19 (in-half), a 190 XT, 12(?)-foot disc, 4-bottom plow, 4-row planter, as well as some other implements.  I am trying to find out if there is a market for these or if I would be better off scrapping everything.  I will try to post some pictures.  Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.  I am located in South Alabama.

Sponsored Links

Goose View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Goose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 2:04pm
Never scrap an Allis Chalmers!

It would be a sin against all mankind!!

Edited by Goose - 11 May 2010 at 2:21pm
Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 2:08pm
You have good Iron there, you need a Forum member near you to assist in the proper dispatch of your items. Have patience please, China can wait.
SoAL Man View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoAL Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 3:06pm
I am in no rush to scrap them and would really hate to do it.  I just don't want them to sit here forever and rust-away to nothing.  Here are a few more pics:

Another 190XT with just the frame, transmission, and propane tank

4-row planter

Disc plow
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 4:23pm
My gosh man, you struck gold!
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 4:26pm
dang ugmmit your to far away or else I would be like a hound after a coon.
   All potentially good stuff to own, and use. Sure would like that D19 and the lp gas rig and the XT diesel n the plow an disc diggers and planter. Its a six hour drive just to the south end of wis. and your in the southern Alabama. WOW.
TedBuiskerN.IL. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedBuiskerN.IL. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 6:46pm
The disc plow you show is actually the much more rare disc tiller, closer spaced blades on a single long shaft like a disc.
Most problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives.
jls View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 6:47pm
Do NOT scrap! Ask these guys what just the 190 grill is worth if it's a three bar and repairable.
TedBuiskerN.IL. View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TedBuiskerN.IL. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 6:47pm

The factory propane 190 would be worth saving too.

Most problems can be solved with the proper application of high explosives.
Chris/CT View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris/CT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 6:52pm
I have a twin to to that tiller disc plow, That piece is VERY heavy, it would still be standing even after a bomb hit. 
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 7:01pm
Don't scrap anything! That is some good stuff! that field cultivator doesn't look bad at all, neither does the disc tiller. The disc harrow could use a little work, but can be fixed. The 190XT is a salvageable machine, seems to be all there, and I know you won't have the propane setup for the 190 for long. It's a neat setup. I live in NE GA, if I had room to use any of that, i'd be over there this weekend.
We have some members in Alabama, as well as Southwest GA., Arkansas, Louisiana, and all other states close to you. If you just want scrap price for this stuff, you will have no trouble getting rid of it. I'm sure there are plenty on here that would give a fair price for what you have.

DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT SELL THAT TO THE SCRAPPER. CHINA DOES NOT DESERVE ANYTHING AS GOOD AS ALLIS CHALMERS IRON, AND ALLIS-CHALMERS IRON DESERVES MORE RESPECT THAN THAT.
Doug northern IL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug northern IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 7:11pm
 im with dream don not scrap anything

rossinmich View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rossinmich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2010 at 7:24pm
drooling...... wish i could find a yard like that. WOW. priceless items... way too good to scrap.
SoAL Man View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoAL Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 11:45am
Thanks for all of the information.  Now I guess I need to get to work to come up with a fair for the equipment.  Thanks again.
OrangePowerGA View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OrangePowerGA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 12:59pm
What part of Alabama are you in?  May be interesting in some of the stuff you have there, if you aren't too far away.  Feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks
DonDittmar View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonDittmar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 1:40pm
Sent you a private message on the D19
Experience is a fancy name for past mistakes. "Great moments are born from great opportunity"

1968 D15D,1962 D19D
Also 1965 Cub Loboy and 1958 JD 720 Diesel Pony Start
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 1:46pm
Is the rest of the D19 hiding out in a building somewhere around there?  It will take a lot of work to bring everything back to life but I'm sure there are people close enough that are willing to do it.  I hope it all goes to good homes.  Thanks for posting instead of just calling a scrapper.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
SoAL Man View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoAL Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 2:43pm
Originally posted by OrangePowerGA OrangePowerGA wrote:

What part of Alabama are you in?  May be interesting in some of the stuff you have there, if you aren't too far away.  Feel free to send me a PM.

Thanks

I'm about a half-hour east of Mobile, just south of I-10
SoAL Man View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoAL Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 2:47pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

Is the rest of the D19 hiding out in a building somewhere around there?  It will take a lot of work to bring everything back to life but I'm sure there are people close enough that are willing to do it.  I hope it all goes to good homes.  Thanks for posting instead of just calling a scrapper.

I do have all of the pieces to the D19.  According to my BIL, it was a monster pulling machine.  I will take some more pictures and post in the next day or two for those interested.  Thanks.
SoAL Man View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoAL Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 2:54pm
Also wanted to add that I will try and respond to all of the PM photo requests within the next few days.  I never thought I would get this big of a response but I sure am glad to know that someone may be able to bring these things back to life.  I wish I had the time and skills to do it myself, but this is the next best thing.  Again, thanks for all of your interest and information.
DREAM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DREAM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2010 at 9:16pm
Your response level looks promising. It's so nice to see this stuff being saved and brought back to what it once was.
ToddSin NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ToddSin NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 2:02am
And may I add Thanks for not SCRAPPING this equipment! How many people now-a-days say aww thats just junk throw it away!!
Tim-tn View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim-tn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2010 at 3:46pm

Interested in the D-19 how much for it in pieces?

SoAL Man View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoAL Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 4:07am
Originally posted by Tim-tn Tim-tn wrote:

Interested in the D-19 how much for it in pieces?

To be honest, I have no idea what to ask.  I haven't had time to research a fair price for any of the equipment. I'll definitely consider any offers.  This weekend I will see if I can round up all of the pieces to the D19 and take some more pictures for those that have asked.  Thanks. 
Dantforth View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dantforth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 6:12am
      First thing I would want to do is organize all of the impliments away from the dirt and brush and get them up onto pallets so I could tell exactly what I have. Nice bunch of "stuff"! I finally got my D15 ready to roll and now have to look for impliments. Good luck. Dave
SoAL Man View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoAL Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Dantforth Dantforth wrote:

First thing I would want to do is organize all of the impliments away from the dirt and brush and get them up onto pallets so I could tell exactly what I have. Nice bunch of "stuff"! I finally got my D15 ready to roll and now have to look for impliments. Good luck. Dave

Congratulations on getting the D15 going and thanks for the idea about using pallets.  Good luck to you in your search for some implements.
SoAL Man View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoAL Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 1:01pm
Here are a couple of implements not pictured yet:

Found this one hiding in the weeds.  Best I could do without cranking up the chainsaw.

Another view of the disc tiller

JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 1:02pm
SoAl, If it wouldn't be too nosy of me to ask, what's the story of all this AC equipment?  Was that area a big AC area?  It seems like it's all orange (and rust) at that farm.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
SoAL Man View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoAL Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2010 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by JohnCO JohnCO wrote:

SoAl, If it wouldn't be too nosy of me to ask, what's the story of all this AC equipment?  Was that area a big AC area?  It seems like it's all orange (and rust) at that farm.

JohnCO, except for a Farmall 140, a 4-row JD planter, and other various discs, bushhogs, etc, it is all AC.  All of the equipment belonged to my Father-in-law.  I never met him but he obviously believed in AC and would have probalby fit in real well on this forum.  I'm not originally from here, but from what equipment I see other farmers using around here, this wasn't a big AC area. 
My FIL used this equipment to clear his land and to farm corn and other row crops down here.  After his passing, my MIL continued for some time with some help of a couple of farmhands, who didn't seem too interested in taking care of the equipment.  As you can tell by the pictures, it has been years since any of this equipment has been used.  Recently my MIL turned it all over to me, so that's why I'm here (thank-you Google).  Thanks to a lot of the members here, I know a lot more about AC than I did a week ago.  Thanks
SoAL Man View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SoAL Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2010 at 9:13am
Since I had so many requests for more pictures of the D-19 I thought it would be easier to just post them here than PM all of them.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic