This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SnapCoupler Blade stand?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SnapCoupler Blade stand?
    Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 7:17pm
Did the Snap Coupler blades originally have something to hold them up in the front so it would slide into the bell when you back into it? The one I just bought has a peice added. I was going to remove it and just place a block of wood under it to hold it up. Thanks.

Sponsored Links

den/southern illinoi View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote den/southern illinoi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 8:03pm
That is like what came on the snap coupler blade.  Basically a 1/4 inch by maybe 2 inch wide straight piece of metal that held the tongue at the right height.  Same item was on other snap coupler equipment like the dirt scoup.
Den

Own 5 720 garden tractors with associated equipment,1 620 garden tractor, 4 wheel 20
2-5015, 5020 and associated equipment and 2 electric forklifts.
EPALLIS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPALLIS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 9:39pm
Den: Do you know what length of the stand was? My dirt scoop needs a stand if I ever unhook it. Probably have to have one made, unless someone on the forum has an extra one they would part with.   Thanks in advance.
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 9:42pm
Originally posted by EPALLIS EPALLIS wrote:

Den: Do you know what length of the stand was? My dirt scoop needs a stand if I ever unhook it. Probably have to have one made, unless someone on the forum has an extra one they would part with.   Thanks in advance.

Just long enough to hold it so it will snap into the bell LOL
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
DSeries4 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DSeries4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 9:58pm
Mine has a stand too.  It has a 90 degree bend at the bottom so the weight is resting on a larger area.
'49 G, '54 WD45, '55 CA, '56 WD45D, '57 WD45, '58 D14, '59 D14, '60 D14, '61 D15D, '66 D15II, '66 D21II, '67 D17IV, '67 D17IVD, '67 190XTD, '73 620, '76 185, '77 175, '84 8030, '85 6080
Orange Tractors View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Orange Tractors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2016 at 11:33pm
I used a block of wood (high tech, I know) under the tongue of my blade the last time I had it off. I adjusted the height until it matched the #53 plow, and when I backed into it, it worked.

Connecting the lift latches wasn't quite as easy as the ones on the plow though, those I can do from the seat.

Robert
79fordblake View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 79fordblake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 3:48am
Is it supposed to have a pin go through it to hold it when not it use? It drags the ground.
Ted J View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ted J Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 7:39am
Yep, it just drags along ........
On a nice FLAT spot, measure down from the center of the bell to the ground.  That is how high the 'eye' needs to be.  Just make the piece long enough for the eye to enter into the bell nicely.

That looks to be a NICE blade!  Good luck cleaning it up and getting everything loose and like new again.

Edited by Ted J - 09 Feb 2016 at 7:43am
"Allis-Express"
19?? WC / 1941 C / 1952 CA / 1956 WD45 / 1957 WD45 / 1958 D-17
PaulB View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 8:51am
I've found 2/3 of a 3 hole cement block works just right. Some of my equipment has the factory "stand" for those I have a tarp strap that I pull it back and hold it off the ground to keep from bending it while working.
If it was fun to pull in LOW gear, I could have a John Deere.
If you can't make it GO... make it SHINY
FloydKS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FloydKS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 8:54am
I have a couple of things that are not attached to the blade but are the right length so I can 'prop up' the blade at the right height...it simply falls when I hook on, then is ready to prop up the blade when I am finished OR when I what to hook up again...
Holding a grudge is like taking poison and expecting the other person to die
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2016 at 10:12am
Originally posted by PaulB PaulB wrote:

I've found 2/3 of a 3 hole cement block works just right. Some of my equipment has the factory "stand" for those I have a tarp strap that I pull it back and hold it off the ground to keep from bending it while working.

Unless it is too long, it won't get bent while using the blade. You can go forward or backward and it just flips back and forth and doesn't hurt a thing
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic