This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

CA Front Pedestal Radiator Mount Direction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CA Front Pedestal Radiator Mount Direction
    Posted: 21 May 2024 at 6:13am
The new aftermarket radiator (actually looks to be reconditioned) seems to suffer from minor dimension errors.  It seems to fit further from the engine than the original.  However, the mounting holes in the mounting bracket are off center and turning it around would help slightly.  However, it has a reinforcement around the crank hole that logically should be placed outward, further from the crank, which places the radiator further from the engine.  The problem is the blades are partially outside the shroud and nearly hit it on the right side and about 1/8 inch clearance on the left.  The multi-tractor repair manual shows the mounting bracket clearly turned around "backwards" with the crank hole (wear) reinforcement toward the engine (which would set the radiator closer to the engine).  The CA-only manual picture is pretty fuzzy but it seems to show the crank hole reinforcement outward.  If I turn the bracket around, It will possibly get about 1/4 inch of setback, but seems like the fan will still be slightly outside the shroud. 

What is the proper direction for the bracket and if reversed why is the reinforcement on the "wrong" side of the bracket???
CA13092
Sponsored Links

Nathan (SD) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan (SD) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2024 at 12:44pm
I would elongate the holes in the radiator mounting bracket.
dfwallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2024 at 4:18pm
I turned the bracket around "backwards" and the radiator fits perfectly... but that crank hole reinforcement does nothing that way
CA13092
dfwallis View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dfwallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2024 at 8:07pm
A couple more issues with the Turkish made radiator...the overflow tube protrudes much more than the oem and gets crushed by the cowling as it exits the filler opening...had to mod it and use smaller diameter tubing...also the radiator cowling holes at the bottom are off by about 1/2 inch best case. I slotted the bottom holes downward for maximum adjustment. I'm kind of ok with modding the aftermarket radiator.

Edited by dfwallis - 23 May 2024 at 5:24am
CA13092
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic