This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Big THANK YOU to the folks at Hutch

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
Bill_MN View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill_MN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Big THANK YOU to the folks at Hutch
    Posted: 31 Jul 2019 at 8:33pm
JW, sounds like you got a taste of "Minnesota Nice". Thanks for visiting!
1951 WD #78283, 1918 Case 28x50 Thresher #76738, Case Centennial B 2x16 Plow
Sponsored Links

shameless dude View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shameless dude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jul 2019 at 10:35pm
Darrell is the MAN!
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 9:56pm
Originally posted by Darrell G (MN) Darrell G (MN) wrote:

JW what a honest man who would admit that it only need tires, he could have said you needed mechanial work done and tires.  The place I sent you has a very good reputation for being up front and honest.  Thanks for coming and I will be talking to ya soon.

Especially since I relayed to him I thought it felt like a wheel bearing.  They could have faked new wheel bearings, replaced the shocks and tie rod ends, put on a cheap set of tires and I wouldn't have known the difference.  He wouldn't put any other tire he had in stock on the front of my truck or get these himself and mark them up, just sent me there and when I walked in the second person that morning that said, "Oh, your the guy. . . ."
Maximum use of available resources!
Darrell G (MN) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Darrell G (MN) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 9:19pm
JW what a honest man who would admit that it only need tires, he could have said you needed mechanial work done and tires.  The place I sent you has a very good reputation for being up front and honest.  Thanks for coming and I will be talking to ya soon.
Hubert (Ga)engine7 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hubert (Ga)engine7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 7:18pm
When you know Allis people, especially those who have connections, you are in great hands. Like Doug says there are good folks out there.
Just an old country boy saved by the grace of God.
DougG View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DougG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 6:22pm
Theres always good folks out there,,
JW in MO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JW in MO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2019 at 6:05pm
Gonna be a long post.
After about 300 miles into my 575 mile one way trip to Hutch, on Thursday, I noticed the front end of my 1ton dually feeling odd.  Pulling to the right and getting worse as I kept going, also a vibration from the passenger side that got so bad that after a while I just left the interstate and started taking back roads as it eventually got to where I couldn't drive over 60mph.  I had checked the front end a couple weeks ago, noticed unusual tire wear on both front tires but also found the pressure low, aired them up and all seemed fine until that far into the trip.  At 20 miles and hour it felt like I was driving on marbles so I called Darrell Grams and he made arrangements for me to have it looked at Friday morning at 8.  Jeff, at Car Shop Inc. in Hutch, got it in and called me at 8:45 to inform me that mechanically everything was fine but my front tires were separating.  He drove my truck over to the show grounds, picked me up, said he didn't have the Firestone tires in stock that he recommended but had made arrangements to have a pair mounted and balanced for $385 at Sam's Tire in Glenco if I drove straight there.  Also Jeff didn't charge me anything and as far as the IRS is concerned that's how it stands.  Anyway I drove to Sam's, got the tires installed and made it back in time for the 11:00 forum meeting.  I can't say enough about all of those and great treatment I received this weekend.  Thanks to those involved with putting on the Orange Spectacular, A big thanks to Darrell and the entire Grams family for their hospitality and help, Jeff at Car Shop Inc., Sam's Tire in Glenco and even the cute waitress, (with the funny accent), at McCormick's for saving me a pork chop Thursday night.  When you're out of town you are nervous about what could happen which I'm sure is what led to my stomach problems Saturday.  And yes, my reservations are already made for next year.

Edited by JW in MO - 29 Jul 2019 at 8:14pm
Maximum use of available resources!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic