This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Back when they where new

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AC WD45 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Back when they where new
    Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 1:29pm
Post pics you have of AC's from when they where bran new or almost new. Any model welcome!
German Shepherd dad
1957 Allis Chalmers WD45
#WD234847
1951 Allis Chalmers WD
#WD88193
Sponsored Links

Ken in Texas View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 3:53pm
This is me and Daddy on a pretty new 1939 B. I'm 71 years young now and this photo has been shared on this forum before
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 4:01pm
   Here is the same B as above when brand spankin new. I was not born and living in the two story yet.  This is my Grandpa Steffen and Uncle Marvin. The farm was at 3837 west 111th st Chicago IL
MNLonnie View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MNLonnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 4:06pm
Ken, is the tractor still in the family?
Waukesha B, B, IB, G, styled WF, D15, 615 backhoe, 2-Oliver OC3's, 4 Ford Model T's, 3 Model A Fords, AV8 Coupe, AV8 Roadster, 1933 Ford Wrecker
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 4:10pm
 Another shot of the B and us. Left to right Grandpa, Daddy. Little me, Neighbor Ben K. This is the day the farm stand was being moved to a new location further back off 111th st.  B got a workout that day.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 4:22pm
    Here is one more Aggen Farm B picture. The 39 got traded in on a 47 after the war Lonn. Dad and Grandpa sidedressing sweetcorn.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 4:33pm
I believe this color picture was taken about 1968. The two story farmhouse I grew up in was now covered in insulbrick siding. Less to paint. You can hardly see it for the elm trees. I spent many a hour behind the wheel of this B when I was big enough to reach the clutch.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 5:12pm
    Here is another oldie. The 39B working at the Aggen Farm in about 1946. My Grandparents Steffen and Edith gathering the field corn.
    Sorry folks but I can't seem to get my resizer to work.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 5:47pm
   I hope I'm not boring you all. I think this is a picture of Dad planting early sweetcorn with the new B. It looks like it still has a pretty good shine. This is dated spring of 47 or 48.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 5:52pm
Ken I keep looking at the last pic. Can you remember the cloth type on the seat cushon? Cool pics.
R.W View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 5:58pm
I love old pictures!!! And those are great Ken!!!
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 6:09pm
Thad. One thing I do not remember is cheap looking black vinyl seat covers on either B we had on our farm. I don't think there was such a thing as a black vinyl seat cover on any B or C when they were new. Heavy duty OD grey green cotton canvas duck cloth is what I remember.
   In the last picture of the B pulling the corn planter I remember the strawberry patch you can see looking behind the planter. They wouldn't let us kids pick strawberries because we ate to many.
jnicol6600 View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jnicol6600 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 6:27pm

Not boring at all. Its pretty interesting seeing these old tractors at work. This is a great thread.

D-allis Iowa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote D-allis Iowa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 6:34pm
Ken, I remember the green canvas as well on the C. I still have the C but the seat has been replaced.
Oldoug View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldoug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 7:04pm
Here are some photo's from my family over the years, most have been on here before...

A-C D-17 Series III purchased new in 1964, photo date unknown, it still has the plastic on the seat.

A-C 500 series cultivator, purchased new in 1966, photo from 1966.

A-C 78 hay rake, purchased new in 1967, photo from 1969.

A-C Gleaner AII, purchased new in 1969, photo from 1969.

A-C Gleaner F2, purchased new in 1977, photo from 1977.

A-C Gleaner M2, purchased new in 1983, photo from 1984.

A-C 7080 pedal tractor and wagon, purchased new in 1977, photo from 1977.

A-C 200, purchased new in 1975, photo from delivery day 1975.

A-C 1300 series field culitvator, purchased new in 1980, photo from 1980.

A-C 5000 series cultivator, purchased new in 1975, photo taken right after dad finished setting it up in 1975.

A-C (DEUTZ-ALLIS cover up) 8030 and A-C 2500 disc, purchased new in 1986, photo from 1986.

A-C 185, purchased new in 1972, photo from 1976.

A-C One-Ninety XT, purchased new in 1967, photo form 1967.

A-C Two-Ten, purchased new in 1972, photo from 1974.

A-C 7hp Homesteader, purchased new in 1971, photo from 1972.

Just wanted to share.  Thanks.

Matt Folkers

FOLKERS RESTORATION

Restoring vintage things to last so the future can enjoy our past.
Ryan Renko View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ryan Renko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 7:20pm
Great photos everyone!! Oldoug, I love that invoice!! Do you mean that Deutz Allis discounted that tractor over 50% of list price just to sell it?? My times have changed!!! Ryan
jhid View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 7:29pm
Originally posted by Ryan Renko Ryan Renko wrote:

Great photos everyone!! Oldoug, I love that invoice!! Do you mean that Deutz Allis discounted that tractor over 50% of list price just to sell it?? My times have changed!!! Ryan
i was looking at that too, its one hell of a deal
red and green are nice for christmas, but orange is all year round
http://www.canadianantiquetractor.com/tractorforum/
omahagreg View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote omahagreg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 8:00pm
I like the phone number on that earliest invoice Oldoug!
Greg Kroeker
1950 WD with wide front and Freeman trip loader
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 8:42pm
  Here is another B oldie. It belonged to my cousins husbands grandfather. It is one of those 41B specials with the adjustable tall front axle. 5 stud splined rear axle adapter hubs and reversable rear wheels. Electric start and lights. This B is still in Howard's family (Restored) with a aftermarket 3 pt and a rear blade. He uses it in the winter in Crete IL to clear snow from his drive and the neighbors drives too.
   I have one just like it in the barn to restore oneday along with about 3 more Bs and 2 Cs
Auntwayne View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Auntwayne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 9:06pm
       Ken, I love those black and whites, I just went thru a box this week from our farm . Love all of the pictures that everyone has posted, looking forward to all of the rest !!!
Claus View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 9:29pm
Love the 210!
Don(MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Don(MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 9:38pm

Alright, here they are, from grandpa....

Here is the Allis G cultivating....My great grandfather, my grandpa, and great aunt in these 2 pictures....

Below is my great grandpa, and I think it was his nephew, around the war time, he had a uniform on, Tractor is a C

Here is my grandpa and great aunt again, with an All-Crop and WC tractor with a half cab...

And last, this was grandpa in 1962 I think, with his new D-19 gas tractor..

Galatians 5:22-24

"I got a pig at home in a pen and corn to feed him on, All I need is a pretty little girl to feed him when I'm gone!"
acd21man View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acd21man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 9:41pm
two cry babies lol
2 wd 45,2 D-17 diesel/gas 3 pt, 220,d21, 4020,2 4430s used daily http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCudh8Xz9_rZHhUC3YNozupw
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 10:26pm
They must like John Deeres and were forced to sit on a AC. My Guess is the little Guy is Howard DeYoung and the little girl is his older sister.
Here is another pictuure of the same tractor
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jul 2011 at 10:59pm
Cry Babies are cryin because Grandpa put the rear wheels on the wrong side of their tractor.
JohnCO View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JohnCO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 12:00am
When I was 5 or 6 a neighbor down the road from our place on Hinckley Ridge, Ohio bought a brand new B.  We went to look at it  being delivered.  I remember the seat being kind of silver but it was canvas.  This would have been in 1953 or '54.
"If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger hammer"
Allis Express participant
Brian G. NY View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brian G.  NY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 8:03am
I don't recall ever seeing the rear wheel/axle configuration like that on the "cry babies" B before.
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ken in Texas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 8:49am
Brian
   You don't see many of these Splined adapter hubs anymore. I think one of the reasons is the hubs were machined from poor quality steel. I have about 8 of them and the splines are worn so bad they are unuseable.
  I have been kicking around the idea of welding the adapter hubs to the axles and making them useable. If a flanged axle works in a B why won't a adapter hub welded to the splined axle stub work. From the seal back, both axles look the same. The nut inside is what holds the axle in.
     If you ever get to Dales Museum in Paris IL there is a 38? B in his collection that has these 5 stud adapter hubs welded to the axles. No BIG nut and you can see the weld real good.
allischalmerguy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote allischalmerguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 9:00am
Thanks all for All the photos!!!!!! So great to see and especially the tractors at work! When you go to most tractor shows they are not at work...so THANKS. It brings back memories for me..even though the only allis we had on our farm was a B and then a D-10 to cultivate 20-25 Acres of tomatoes. We had JD, Farmall, Case, Massey tractors too.
Pastor Mike
Butch(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butch(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2011 at 9:53am
190XT III, one of the last ones. A couple years old here and the A is young at 40.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic