This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Topics > Shops, Barns, Varmints, and Trucks
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

April 8th Total Eclipse

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TramwayGuy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: April 8th Total Eclipse
    Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 9:27pm
We happen to be dead center here in Watertown NY for totality. They say we may have 135,000 people here and all area hotels are fully booked for dates around April 8.

Any excitement where you all are?

Our son is flying back from China just for the eclipse. The school where he teaches elementary students gave him permission to take two days off.
Sponsored Links

Lars(wi) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lars(wi) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2024 at 9:48pm
Just east of our house, about and hour an 1/2 or so, is the same. All hotels, Airbnb, campgrounds, etc. are booked.
I tried to follow the science, but it was not there. I then followed the money, and that’s where I found the science.
Thad in AR. View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thad in AR. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 5:59am
Things are booked up all across Arkansas.
Will be a busy couple days
DMiller View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DMiller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 6:06am
We sit just NW of the total line, will be dark. Brother in Jackson will get the full show.
Nephew outside Dallas has a Campground reservation so long as weather holds.
tadams(OH) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tadams(OH) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 1:39pm
I have heard that hotels are charging $200.00 per night and schools around our area are not having school April 8, for saftey of the students. Cleveland Ohio TV are talking about all the special things being planned. They have not mentioned any of the cost. Sounds like it going to be total traffic jams especially if it's cloudy. My wife and I was planning on staying home but now her son and his kids are flying in from Flordia and we have to get a bigger vehicle to go and pick them up at the airport in Columbus and haul them around. I am sure I am not being told all the details.
HudCo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HudCo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2024 at 8:39pm
we had one about five years ago here it was a big deal the hot spot was about 100 miles north of me  we stood out in front of the shop for a few minets with some welding hoods with some 12 shades in but watching the shadows on the ground was almost neater the inter state that night after it was over going the other way was bumper to bumper wellpast midnight with people going back home
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic