This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Garden Tractors
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Allis Chalmers 616

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Va.Farm.Crabbin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Allis Chalmers 616
    Posted: 07 May 2015 at 11:51am
Hello, newbie here, I have a Allis Chalmers 616 & saw a picture of one on here earlier but didn't get his name, only he lives in Canada. Well we need a Ignition switch for ours & wonder if anyone knows where we can find one or the whole Tractor ? She has the head lights under rear fender's & is a bigggg Lawn Tractor. Thank you'll for looking & well check back later,
Sponsored Links

macvette View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 1:26pm
A number of advertisers on the forum probably would be able to help.  One that comes to mind is Steve in NJ.  Has an electrical business for big and little tractors.  Think his business is listed as B & B.

Welcome to the forum.  I have a 620 and really like it, but however with these old tractors, problems do arise.  (I have a starter fail to engage problem now)  The tractors are built really heavy in comparison to what is sold today.  I don't ever plan to sell mine. Attachments are quite expensive, usually, but some of the forum members have been able to find grader  blades, plows, rototillers, etc. quite reasonable. I have not been lucky enough to find anything reasonably priced, tho! 
Va.Farm.Crabbin View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Va.Farm.Crabbin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 2:02pm
Hello Mac, Thank you for the info did a quick search but came up with a lot of B&B in New Jersey. B&B Electrical etc.. But will contact few them Tks again. I brought our 616 for our grandson when he was 5 now he's 12 yrs. old so need get her fixed so he can start plowing & disking here & on there farm. She is built very strong your right we only buy the oldies lawn tractors here. If we can't hook a plow & disk to the rear & blades etc. to the front we don't want them. We get people stopping by here all time wanting to buy them. I'll look up your 620 up later, also are you looking for anything to go with yours ? Thank you again for info & be back later this evening,
macvette View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote macvette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 5:51pm
Just missed a 3 point Cat. 0 disk for 120.00.  Darn. 

Would like a tiller, but can't justify taking money from something necessary for something I would like.  I do have a 60" deck and front blade which gets use in the winter. (was going to use it now to scrape some grass off to extend the garden, but ---) I put a note on the forum seeking other owners thoughts about this.  Thinking about running a wire from the start terminal on ignition switch direct to the start side of the solenoid wire - don't want to pull the engine out if I don't have to.

Story of our lives, right?
Ron Nelson View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ron Nelson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 6:09pm
I just bought a new switch for my 616 from Sandy Lake Implement. It was right around $40.00. It was an exact replacement for the old switch.
Tracy Martin TN View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tracy Martin TN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2015 at 7:01pm
Those new switches won't last long. I have bought several of them. The start circuit is too mickey mouse for the amount of use and current traveling thru it. Tracy
No greater gift than healthy grandkids!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic