This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

AllCrop wheat thrashin' 2016

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Hudsonator View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudsonator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AllCrop wheat thrashin' 2016
    Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 6:32pm
Threshing out a small field of wheat for use as cover crops.  I thought ya'll might like the equipment featured.

[TUBE]iYZchtMjYKE[/TUBE]

A special  thanks to my daughter for making the video.   I'm particularly thankful for the folks in the video.

Also a thanks goes out to Tom Yaz, who helps me keep these old AllCrop combines in working order with parts.

There isn't much a WC can't do.

WD's just do it better.
Sponsored Links

firecowallis View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote firecowallis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 8:17pm
awesome thank u 
 for making my day 
allis g 7045 200 wd45 wd45d c ca 6080 u
Ed (Ont) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed (Ont) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 9:30pm
Now that's cool. Love the sound track and the child's voice in the background! Thanks for sharing. Kinda reassuring in these tough times. Smile
KY poorboy View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KY poorboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 9:46pm
That is just plain awsome. Thank you for posting!
CrestonM View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrestonM Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2016 at 11:55pm
That's cool! 
One question...what's the guy with the mower doing? Is he the "straw chopper/spreader"? Lol
Bob D. (La) View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob D. (La) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 5:50am
Thanks for posting. Brings back memories of combining soybeans for my sister in Indiana a few years back. Glad you got the family involved, especially the little guy. God Bless.
When you find yourself in a hole,PUT DOWN THE SHOVEL!!!
caledonian View Drop Down
Silver Level Access
Silver Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote caledonian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 8:44am
This is darn good . A really great way to start anyones day. To me it depicts the independent spirit of the American farmer. The very thing that made this country great & something the average American today has no idea what that means. Instead of sittin around waiting for their entitlements most independent farm families picked themselves up by their own bootstraps & had more done by noon then most people of today could do in a week. Time to bring back that independent I can do attitude. So much for my rant for today.
Jerry H View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jerry H Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 9:01am
Awesome, Brings back a lot of memories I had with my father
JC-WI View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JC-WI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 10:44am
Yes, very good vid Specially of family togetherness.
  One thing caledonian touched on was the can do spirit in people... and more would be done if one was not restricted today, there are many things that if you do not have blessings of the government, like taking care of your land, ditching, leveling, clearing, or making your own wet lands or exceeding somebody else's ideas of what you should be allowed to do, then one gets in trouble and can cost mega bucks.
   Ran across a video where a fellow talked about how fast farmland is being developed into housing and parking lots etc, and farming will change into being more under roof with aquaponic/hydroponics style farming, and probably be out in the deserts and waste land where nobody wants to live.  The next generation or two will see where technology leads the farming industry. Hope there will still be those that will remember how the ancestors were able to survive and produce the foods that feed the people if and when they have to return from air conditioned cabs and computor control to rolling up their sleeves and take hoe in hand and work the ground with sweat and muscle and possible some horse or ox power.
He who says there is no evil has already deceived himself
The truth is the truth, sugar coated or not. Trawler II says, "Remember that."
jiminnd View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jiminnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 10:49am
That was great, very talented daughter, could be an award winning production, love it all but really like the still black and whites with the kids and family.  thanks
1945 C, 1949 WF and WD, 1981 185, 1982 8030, unknown D14(nonrunner)
CTuckerNWIL View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTuckerNWIL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 11:28am
Great video, I had to share it on facebook :)
http://www.ae-ta.com
Lena 1935 WC12xxx, Willie 1951 CA6xx Dad bought new, 1954WD45 PS, 1960 D17 NF
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 1:01pm
First time I cut wheat with the WD & 90 I decided 2nd gear would be better than 1st.It wasn't working the tractor! Wasn't long before my dad appeared and put a stop to that!!!He said it would throw it over in 2nd.Who knew? Not me obviously.
LeonR2013 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeonR2013 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 1:27pm
Absolutely beautiful video. Well maybe the guys are starting to look a little rough around the edges.LOL But the girls are looking good. It takes all to make a family and remember, a laugh a day is probably better for you than an apple. They're for desert.
Hudsonator View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hudsonator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2016 at 8:26pm
I do appreciate all the kind and humorous comments.

Yeah, the 160 driver was the "straw chopper/spreader" attachment.

Funny story about the first time I ever ran a 66, it was for the older gentleman in the video (my great-uncle).  He had me running a 66 pulled by a  sweet D15 II, and on a "hillside" field above a creek bottom.  He was running a 72 pulled by a 175 in the creek bottom.  Every time I'd turn the discharge end of the combine "uphill" to go around the field, the straw walker would choke up with wheat straw.  Solid.  I'd have to open up the inspection end, start pulling out straw, climb in and keep clawing until I had it cleaned out - then gin it back up to make another round.

Finally, I dealt with that until the slope flattened out enough that I didn't have to unclog it anymore and the straw would just roll out.  The rest of the run was just fine.  When done, I asked if he'd had to do that before in that field?

He replied, "why do you think you were in that field?"  Broke me in good
There isn't much a WC can't do.

WD's just do it better.
TomYaz View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TomYaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2016 at 4:31pm
My pleasure Hud!

Lookin good!
If its not an All-Crop, it all crap!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic