This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7045 turn signal?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XT in pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7045 turn signal?
    Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 9:59am
With the 4-way flashers on  and the turn switch on both ,4-ways flash,but when you turn the switch for the turn signal (right or left) they will not blink they just stay on. I checked the flasher but it works on the 4-ways and there is no bulb burnt out.

thanks Shawn
190XT,D17and 7045
Sponsored Links

Ben (MI) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ben (MI) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 10:26am
If I remember, I had the same problem on my 7000 and replacing the flasher unit did the trick. Not too expensive to try it anyway. Good luck.
niel ev View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niel ev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 1:05pm
Shawn the switch should be a square box right ? if so they may have replaced it with a later switch and if memory is working tehy had to cut one of the wires to got it to work but I don't remember which one I'll see if i can find out Niel
XT in pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XT in pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 2:13pm
Niel when you talk switchwhat one do you mean  i just changed the main light switch cause it was shorted out,anyway it had a circut braker on it the one for the turn signal i think is a big round switch the part under dash hope this helps .

Shawn
190XT,D17and 7045
niel ev View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niel ev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 4:02pm
Shawn the main light switch should be square and in the new box there should have been an paper telling you what was changed or what wire needs to be cut had the same thing happen to us about 4 years ago Niel
niel ev View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niel ev Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2011 at 4:14pm
Shawn I forgot to ask if your tractor wasunder serial number 3053 I was working on a later tractor when we had that problem and also it was the turn switch not the main light switch Niel
SHAMELESS View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHAMELESS Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 12:57am
i replaced one on my 7010, and there is one wire you leave disconnected, but can't remember which one, it tells you in the instructions....also may seem dumb, but check your bulbs too. even tho they work in one position, dunno why, but i replaced one bulb and it worked!! *scratching head!!!
XT in pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XT in pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 5:33am
Originally posted by niel ev niel ev wrote:

Shawn I forgot to ask if your tractor wasunder serial number 3053 I was working on a later tractor when we had that problem and also it was the turn switch not the main light switch Niel

sn 1115
190XT,D17and 7045
Eric[IL] View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eric[IL] Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 5:44am
I just changed this in-dash electrical switch unit in my black 7060.  Same problems you are mentioning.  It took care of the problems.  Yes, there is a installment paper in the new part box.  Just follow directions.   
XT in pa View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote XT in pa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2011 at 6:09am
Eric so you say its the turn signal switch.

Shawn
190XT,D17and 7045
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic