This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

7010 power shift

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zbiggreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 7010 power shift
    Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 6:45am
Hi, trying to figure out why when shifting the powershift there seems to be no detent between the powershifts.  Is there an adjustment that can be done to correct this?
Sponsored Links

Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 6:55am
Doc Allis will know for sure, but I was told there is a comb on the right side and a ball under a spring. A dealer told me that he could make a power shift run easier by grinding down the points of the comb. But I am just some guy in the waiting room making small talk. You need to wait until the doctor comes in. 
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 7:12am
No detents?? quit using it  !!!!    Remove PST valve and fix whatever is broken before you do any damage to clutches.
troym View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote troym Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 7:25am
remove the powershift valve and replace broken spring on the detent linkage, not a bad job at all.
DrAllis View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DrAllis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 7:28am
It could be one of about three or more things. Broken arm....broken roller.....broken spring...
Unit3 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unit3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 7:36am
It is always best to wait and talk with your doctor.
2-8070FWA PS/8050PS/7080/7045PS/200/D15-II/2-WD45/WD/3-WC/UC/C
zbiggreen View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zbiggreen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 12:18pm
Ok, I have a service manual but it is for a PD not PS transmission.  Can you tell me what needs to be removed and checked, or give me an excerpt from the correct manual?  At the time I thought I was buying the correct one. 
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2019 at 9:10pm
There is a valve body on right side behind batteries. If it has a fuel tank on right side, back part of valve body will be behind tank. After valve body is removed, broken part will be obvious. Arm with roller on it is most common failure.      MACK
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic