This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

6080 steering valve leaking at top

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssefick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 6080 steering valve leaking at top
    Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 9:18pm
The steering valve seems to be leaking towards the steering wheel. Seems to leak more at higher engine speeds.

Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links

SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 9:42pm
My 8070 leaked out the top....I put new seal in...fixed leak. My f2 is leaking out the top...the seal kit is in the drawer...havent had time. I think you need a new seal for the top shaft. You don't tear the whole valve down to fix. I don't remember the details but it wasn't a big challenge.
ssefick View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssefick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Oct 2022 at 10:05pm
Got the whole kit. I am a little anxious about taking the whole thing apart...

Might just put the top seal in. Thank you, sir!
MACK View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MACK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 6:12am
Don't take it all apart unless your looking for trouble.                 MACK
ssefick View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssefick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Oct 2022 at 11:48am
Mac, sounds good. I'll put in the top seal only.

Definitely not looking for trouble :).
ssefick View Drop Down
Bronze Level
Bronze Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssefick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 7:52pm
Sorry for asking another question.

There are a lot of parts in the 'top' of this valve. The seal I should replace is the lip seal? There are quite a number of orings etc. in the seal kit.

I have a manual I am just a little anxious about getting into this thing.

Any pictures on the internet y'all know of?

Thanks
SteveM C/IL View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SteveM C/IL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 8:27am
Page 548 in online parts book. Kit pt# 71304442. All you should take apart is the top piece on the valve. Shows 4 pieces in kit. There is a lip seal that's your leak.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic