This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

500 LOADER

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
SIMPLICITY View Drop Down
Silver Level
Silver Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SIMPLICITY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 500 LOADER
    Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 5:50pm
DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANYBODY THAT MAKES OR MADE A QUICK DETACH FOR THE BUCKET ON A 500 LOADER  THANKS

Sponsored Links

DiyDave View Drop Down
Orange Level Access
Orange Level Access

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiyDave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 6:12pm
A good welder could whack one out pretty quick...
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 7:23pm
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2016 at 10:18pm
I did get the hitch made based on that temple at the end of the post above. It works great I can curl the bucket up enough to hold liquid in the bucket and also curl it down enough to dump. Plus my rams can travel full stroke without hitting any hard stops.
Joe(TX) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joe(TX) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 11:18am
1970 190XT, 1973 200, 1962 D-19 Diesel, 1979 7010, 1957 WD45, 1950 WD, 1961 D17, Speed Patrol, D14, All crop 66 big bin, 180 diesel, 1970 170 diesel, FP80 forklift. Gleaner A
Dan73 View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2016 at 11:40am
Joe i looked at a bunch of those sites that sell them online before i decided to make a wooden template and have a local welder make one for me. It was less expensive to do it local and all those sites i looked at said you provide the distance between the pin holes and the size of all the pins. Then if there is any issues with the geometry of the mount it is your problem because you gave them the measurements.   At the time i was looking i couldn't tell anyone i found online it was a allis chalmers ts500 loader and have them just provide me with a mount. For the money they wanted i wanted a little better service and support then i felt i would get.
Boy that project brings back bad memories the first attempt i let someone local do it for me someone i had do work in the past. He didn't understand what he was doing and it broke one end off my loader arms he claimed it wasn't his fault. So in the end i still ended up high and dry. But the second attempt with a different local guy worked out great. Build a wooden template and verify it does what you want first can't stress that enough.   The ts500 is a little odd geometry for a farm loader maybe normal for a gravel pit i don't know never did pit work but that jog forward on the lower bucket mounting pin holes changes the geometry from how typical farm loaders work. My first design looked like the ones in the website simple and it crashed into the jog in the mount and broke it right off the first time i tried to curl it down without even putting a bucket on it. When i tried to fix that the cylinders smashed into the grease fitting because they where heading straight for the jog. In the end i had to change the center distance between the pins on the bucket. That is why i posted the picture of my template i hope it helps someone else out.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic