This site is not affiliated with AGCO Inc., Duluth GA., Allis-Chalmers Co., Milwaukee, WI., or any surviving or related corporate entity. All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners. All information presented herein should be considered the result of an un-moderated public forum with no responsibility for its accuracy or usability assumed by the users and sponsors of this site or any corporate entity.
The Forum Parts and Services Unofficial Allis Store Tractor Shows Serial Numbers History
Forum Home Forum Home > Allis Chalmers > Farm Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

2 G's on ebay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warren(Oh) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2 G's on ebay
    Posted: 31 Aug 2011 at 3:47am
Looks like I may get to rescue the two G's that have been on ebay for a couple months. Been comunicating and should know today if my offer is accepted. Gonna be needing some parts if so ! Want to make one of them into a highcrop, B rear axles and such. Need suggestions!
Sponsored Links

Warren(Oh) View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warren(Oh) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 8:12pm
Welp, I got'em. Seller contacted me today and asked if it would be OK to deliver them today instead of Saturday. So they are sitting in my Aunt's back yard right now. Gonna take a good bit of work but they are something to start from.
R.W View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 8:15pm

3 grand for both and a plow, sounds like you did good to me because G's ain't cheap!

In Search Of: 1958 Allis Chalmers D17 Diesel serial #9643D
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warren(Oh) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 8:18pm
$2575 delivered ! Neither engine turns over but one does move partway, I figure maybe something in the flywheel stopping it because the starter is gone.
R.W View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2011 at 8:22pm
There may also be something in the cylinder and when you go to turn it over it hits the head not allowing it to make it a full revolution.
In Search Of: 1958 Allis Chalmers D17 Diesel serial #9643D
Dusty MI View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dusty MI Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 3:26pm
Are you interested in selling that front weight?

Dusty
917 H, '48 G, '65 D-10 series III "Allis Express"
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Warren(Oh) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 5:46pm
Sorry Dusty, I'll be looking for another !

A little more about the G's, it was pouring rain when I looked for the serial #s so I didn't write them down, the green looking one is #10,000something, the other is 19,000something. The green one has been vandalized in the past, it has John Deere green paint on the front end parts. Probably have to sandblast it !
Both have PTO with Vbelt pulleys.
The green one has all 4 forward gears, the other won't go into any gear.
Tires are kinda bad, one 7.2 like new, the others are 6.2, two need boots, don't remember what the third needs. Fronts are all mismatched.
Lord only knows when I'll get time to work on them.
Geo.Oh View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Geo.Oh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 5:58pm
Warren,
           I've got lots of G parts & a couple extra front wts. $375. ea. I'm in Grove City, Oh right south of Columbus. If you need anything call 614-371-9602 or PM me.
                                                                                       Thanks,Geo. 
Roddo View Drop Down
Orange Level
Orange Level

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roddo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2011 at 9:39pm
Dad's G sat around for a while.  The engine rolled over but stopped dead at one spot.  Ended up being a valve stuck.  Bit of a pain since its a side valve so you can just drive it out.  Maybe that could be whats ailing one of them?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic